Thursday, November 7, 2013

The Biker Story!





Ketan Kundargi, is one guy, who inspires me to travel like him! He is the best photographer I have known till date, and so passionate about biking! A lot of my friends and family members usually have this days and days of planning and rethinking going on whether to opt for Leh or not, as they all were considering the high altitude aspect. But it came as a shock to me, when Ketan was really excited to go on this Leh-expedition with his biker friends on his bike! I was glad as well as a little curious on how is he going to reach till there. For me, a flight seems like an only option, but who knew Ketan would have this amazing opportunity. Leh is known for its, bright sunshine, white sands, blue purple brown mountains, glowing waters of the Indus and the Zanskar, and Ketan very well captured it all. Leh-Ladakh is definitely one of the destinations in my bucket list. 

I was literally stalking his Facebook account, and look what I found….


 Yesterday was all about mountains. 350kms of up and down, round and round. Some very sharp corners, blind turns, back-breaking terrain and of course, crazy lunatic Haryana drivers.

But the stunning view more than just makes up for it.

Now in Manali. One of my favourite cities for the weather, the memories and obviously, photos. Today, I head to the awesome Rohtang La.


And for the first time, touchdown Jammu and Kashmir.

After over 1000kms through New Delhi, Haryana, Punjab and Himachal Pradesh it is a magical feeling to be in the one state I have always admited and wanted to travel to.


Riding on the top of the world. What a feeling.

In spite of conquering Khardung La and Taglang La, the two highest motorable roads in the world, my favourite continues be the awesome scenic Baralach La.

Possibly because I ran out of fuel at the top and had to push the vehicle down 4000ft on the neutral gear.


Photo courtesy:Ketan Kundargi.



No comments:

Post a Comment