Thursday, November 7, 2013

6 best travel apps!




At Bucket-listwe're all about mixing the practical with the inspirational. And when it comes to travel planning, we get equally as excited using high-tech maps as we do we do handwriting  postcards.

These apps are really helpful in the time of a crisis or a blunder while traveling. I have already downloaded these five apps which I think are going to help me when I am stuck in middle of nowhere. Traveling in an unknown city or a country gets so much easier.  You have your back pack, wallet, and smartphone and you are ready to go. I am not that great at math, and when it comes to converting foreign currency into Indian Rupees, I cant help but use my app which I always have on my smartphone! Believe me it helps me to save up on those extra pounds which I was just about to spend on some unnecessary thing. I usually track down my route, these apps remind me what I ideally should put in my backpack, currency converter, navigator, social calls everything on a click of a button. To strike a conversation with a vietnamese is difficult, but not when you have an app like Google Translate. You can check the weather and accordingly decide which clothes to put on. These are small things but are really important when you are traveling and have no one to call for help back home. Some of the latest and the best apps are as follows: 

1.Google Translate



What it is: Instant language translation, even sans data connection.

What's to love: It's incredibly simple, convenient, reliable. When spelling gets arduous, utilize the text-to-speech component.
Who it's for:

Iphone and Android
 users are fully supported, but Nokia, Windows and Blackberry users can use the basic functions too.  
What it costs: Free.

2. Everplaces





What it is: Pinterest for travel planning. Follow friends and repin their favorite restaurants and hotels to your collection or explore and see what others are posting.

What’s to love: Create a personalized app with the listings you curate on your account.
Who it’s for: Iphone  What it costs: Free

3.Travellist
What it is: A packing list app. Sounds boring, but the lovely design makes it stand out.
What’s to love: Raise your hand if you’ve ever forgotten a charger or a toothbrush. Add a reminder to items that need to be packed at the last minute so you don’t forget. 
Who it’s for: 

Iphone
What it costs: $1.99

4.Currency-Simple converter



What it is: A currency converter app that has both an offline and online mode.
What’s to love: Simple, attractive design.
Who it’s for: Iphone
What it costs: $0.99
5. Citymaps2go




What it is: Avoid international data charges with interactive offline maps and travel guides for the whole world.




What’s to love: Pre-plan your route by pinning key locations. 

Who it’s for: Iphone and Android



What it costs: $1.99


6.Minimeteo






What it is: A weather app that manages to convey all the important details in a minimalist style.








What’s to love: Beautiful design. Rainy days never looked so good.
Who it’s for: Iphone
What it costs: $1.99

So guys, start downloading and traveling!


No comments:

Post a Comment